Our hope at Camp Chicago is to give our campers the best week of their entire year. We want them to have fun and know what it means to laugh so hard you're gasping for air. We want them to feel challenged and know they can dare to attempt new things. We want them to make lasting friendships. And we want them to know they are loved by God and called to a life of purpose and meaning.
When are camp sessions? June 26 - July 15, 2016. See more details on sessions here.
Who should come to Camp Chicago? Campers who are age 7 - 17 at the time of Camp Chicago's 2013 sessions. Camp Chicago is NOT restricted to Episcopalians or regular churchgoers. All are welcome, so feel free to invite friends and family!
What activities and programs are offered at camp? Camp Chicago features a rich program including activities such as worship, Christian education, fellowship, leadership development, campfires, music, archery, outdoor adventure experience, arts and crafts, big games, ropes course, tent camping, canoeing, and swimming. Learn more about the program and activities at Camp Chicago.
How to register? Online Registration for Camp Chicago 2016 is now open! Upon completion of online registration, please sign and return all required hard copy forms, including the DHS llinois School Physical Form, Immunization Record, Copy of Health Insurance Card, and Camp Stronghold Release Waiver. These forms can be returned by mail (Camp Chicago • 65 E Huron • Chicago, IL 60611), email, or fax (312-262-2964.)
If online registration is not an option, families can submit a Paper Copy of all required registration forms. Families may also request to have Paper Copy Forms delivered by regular mail if unable to download forms. Registration for Camp Chicago will close June 5.
What is the cost? $500 per session. The cost for the LIT/LIC program is $850, which is a 2 week program.
Are scholarship funds available for campers in need? The Episcopal Diocese of Chicago does not want funds to prohibit anyone from attending summer camp. For those needing scholarship assistance we have two options:
- Title XX Scholarship Funding Program - A Potential camper must reside in Illinois and indicate they qualify for any ONE of the following: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP - previously known as Food Stamps) or Medical Services. Identification Numbers (Case or Individual Client ID#) are NO LONGER NEEDED. Please indicate that you intend to apply for Title XX during Online Registration. Then complete the Title XX Application and return to: Camp Chicago • 65 E Huron • Chicago, IL 60611 or to Fax #312-262-2964. Please contact our Operations Director with any questions. *Title XX Scholarship funds are only available for one session per camper.*
- Partial Scholarship Assistance from the Diocese of Chicago - For families who don't qualify for the Title XX funding program but still have financial need. The diocese grants partial scholarships in the amount of 1/3 of the registration cost ($170) with the remainder to be paid by either the family and/or the local church. Apply during Online Registration or contact the Associate for Youth Ministry with any questions.
What is the LIT/LIC program? The Leader in Training and Leader in Community programs at Camp Chicago seek to develop faithful, Christian leaders through outdoor experience, volunteer service, and training in leadership skills. The program is for young people age 16-17. Find out more.
Questions or concerns about sending your child to camp?
Check out these resources and articles:
- Frequently asked questions about Camp Chicago
- What every parent needs to know (PDF with info on Camp Chicago)
- Why the world needs summer camp (article)
- How to tell if your child is ready for summer camp (article)
- What's needed to prepare your child for the future? The answer may surprise you... (article)