Lenten Book Discussions
March 08, 2017
During Lent, Bishop Lee and other diocesan leaders will guide an online book discussion on "Living into God's Dream: Dismantling Racism in America," a collection of essays edited by Dr. Catherine Meeks. Congregations are encouraged to hold their own discussions of the book. The book is available online from Church Publishing, Amazon (book and Kindle formats), and other retailers.
The online discussion will take place each Wednesday, featuring a written reflection posted in the diocesan e-newsletter and on the website and a facilitated discussion on Facebook page from 7 to 8 pm. All are invited to participate. Those who do not have Facebook accounts may still view the conversation, but will not be able to comment.
Schedule of Chapters and Facilitators
- March 8: Chapter 1 - Robert Cristobal | Read reflection | View Facebook discussion
- March 15: Chapter 2 – Bruce Plummer | Read reflection | Join Facebook discussion
- March 22: Chapters 3 and 4 - Cecilia Mowatt, parishioner at St. Paul & the Redeemer | Read reflection | Join Facebook discussion
- March 29: Chapters 5 and 6 - Charlie DeKay, rector at St. Matthew’s, Evanston
- April 5: Chapter 7 - Kathy and Staycie Flint, parishioners at All Saints’ Chicago
- April 12: Chapters 8 and 9 - Lori Lowe, rector at St. Paul’s, McHenry