ABOUT THE COLLEGE
The College for Congregational Development is a comprehensive training program that originated in the Diocese of Olympia in Western Washington. It seeks to nurture and develop congregational development practitioners from within existing parish lay and clergy leadership.
Visit the CCD website to learn more.
The College’s aims are:
- Healthy, faithful, sustainable congregations fulfilling their calling to be the Body of Christ in a particular place and time and among a particular people.
- Congregations that are grounded in a robust identity rooted in an Anglican ethos and spirituality.
- Leaders that are both self-defined and connected to their communities of faith. Leaders who are both aware of and responsive to the particular challenges and opportunities before them. Leaders who can help their faith communities engage and respond to their challenges and opportunities.
- A common language and community of practice around congregational development in the Diocese. Stronger connections among congregational leaders for the purposes of learning, community, mutual encouragement, and inspiration.
- The creation of useful training programs that can be shared freely and used by others in the broader Church.